Wednesday, January 10, 2007

pretty please with a cherry on top

After one week of waiting and tons of stunts to get labour going, I'm still only 1 cm dilated - I can't believe it! So we've decided that if the baby isn't coming out on it's own by this weekend, we're going to try to coax her out.

I'm scheduled for an induction next week, which I learned today, involves going to the hospital for a gel application, then going home to wait for contractions to start, and then going back if/once contractions are strong and within the desired intervals. If this doesn't happen the first time, I go back and do it all over again.

Given this back and forth, my preference would be for the baby to come out on it's own, but if I must offer a "pretty please with a cherry on top" then I guess we'll be having a baby next week for sure!

No comments: