Monday, January 15, 2007

welcome to the world

After much anticipation, we're so happy to welcome our angel - Kayla Sophia. She was finally born on January 11, 2007 at 8:58 pm.

Defiying the saying that small people "just don't grow big babies..." Kayla was born weighing 8 lbs 8 ounces.

When my midwife first handed me Kayla, my thought was: "my goodness, no wonder she had such a hard time coming out!"

After 18 hours of labour, in the end, she was born within half an hour via c-section. Her little "big" head just wouldn't fit past my pelvic bone. But for us, her arrival into the world was the happiest day in our lives. All the waiting, anticipation and dreaming was so worth it!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

hey flora - congrats. that is a super cute little bundle you've got there! :)

Beaches said...

Oh Flora! She's amazing... those cheeks! Congratulations to you and your family. I hope that you won't be too busy to keep us posted on all the new mom stories.