Friday, March 16, 2007

baby basting

This afternoon I basted my babe with olive oil.

Yes, I know it sounds strange and awful, but apparently it's a treatment for cradle cap, I learned from my mommy group. Which is basically really dry scalp in babies. It appears like bad dandruff and on Kayla, with her head full of shiny black hair, it's really noticeable.

It was a weird feeling though; one I'll probably tell her about when she's older... how her mama rubbed olive oil into her head like she was preparing a turkey.

The hardest part, however, was washing it out. It required washing her hair and the dreaded bath! My poor babe...

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Something else that you can try to help with the cradle cap is baby oil. Try rubbing a tiny bit in before Kayla's bath - if it's a lot of flakes, leave it in for at least 5-10 minutes. Good luck!