Sunday, March 11, 2007

the second month

Today marks Kayla's 2nd month. I can't believe how much time has passed and how much my baby has grown. Lots of milestones this month, including her first real smiles, making bubbles (see photo) and discovering how to put her hands in her mouth (and many more joys there to come)!

There's also been lots of growth on my part. In turn, I've discovered:

  1. Set a bedtime routine - helps teach baby when it's time for bed and prepares the road for sleep time as she gets older. Also importantly, it gives us (her parents) some much needed free time in the evenings!
  2. Get out and about - helps to break up the day. Even if it's for an hour to the grocery store or local yarn shop, it gives me an opportunity to talk to grown-ups! Now that the weather is getting better, it's much easier to do.
  3. Let hubby take over for a while - helps me get some much needed rest and alone time. The weekend grocery trip is a highlight for me because I get to be outside the house baby-free for 2 whole hours! Being at baby's beck n' call is tiring.

Looking forward to the wonders of the third month. I hear it gets easier from there on! Well, lets see about that!

No comments: