Sunday, April 08, 2007

3 months shy

I keep hearing that the 3 month marker is a turning point in caring for baby - even my dad knows this and has reminded me to hang in there, it gets easier after 3 months. For those who know my dad, its a surprise that he would say this. I was stunned to say the least that even he knew about this incredible milestone.

Baby K is just a few days shy of 3 months old, yet this weekend we had some encouraging changes:

  1. She's finally taking naps with less effort on my part! Albeit the naps are usually about 1 hour or so in length, but it's taking less time to get her to nap and she takes about 3 per day.


  2. She's back to taking a bottle again! Thanks to the advice of a friend (baby K's big auntie k) we started her back using pumped breast milk for one week and switched it to warmed formula yesterday - and it worked!


  3. She slept for 7 1/2 hours straighted yesterday for the first time! Only woke up once last night. I was floored!

So, there might be something to this third month marker, so for all the new mamas out there - hang in there, the light is coming.

No comments: