Friday, May 18, 2007

lunch date

My babe and I now have a standing Friday ritual. Friday mornings we join the Infant Mother Goose program at our local Ontario Early Years Centre. I first learned about this program through some of my mommy friends, and we've started to go 3 weeks ago. Kayla loves it! She's alert and enjoys listening to the singing and watching the hand gestures. And I'm slowly learning all the words to some new songs and songs that I only knew brief melodies for. So we both have a good time.

I must say that I'm very impressed with both the staff and the programs offered at the centre. It's also a great place to meet other parents and babies in my community. At least this is one thing our tax dollars are being spent nicely on!

After class, we walk next door and have a nice sushi lunch at a very friendly Japanese restaurant in the same plaza. Kayla is always on her best behaviour at the restaurant - go figure! And the waitress and sushi chef always get a smile from her.

So this has quickly become our Friday morning date. I feel very lucky and honoured to have the best little companion in town!

No comments: