Tuesday, May 01, 2007

salsa baby

We had our very first salsa class today. Lots of fun - except I've got two left feet! Definitely hope that Kayla inherits hubby's rhythm and not mine!

During the last 10 minutes of the class, I was amazed to find that baby K had fallen asleep in her carrier (forward position, no less) as had half the other babies, including the instructor's! That surprised me because we were moving around pretty quickly. I guess the swaying motion rocks babies to sleep!

By the end of the class Kayla was a dead weight and I was wondering how I would get her out of the Baby Bjorn and back into her car seat without waking her. Amazingly, it was no trouble at all. She didn't even bat an eye as I moved her arms and legs out of the carrier and strapped her into the car seat. I couldn't believe it!


Today was also the first time baby K tried out her Bumbo. She's still trying to get the hang of it!

No comments: