Thursday, May 31, 2007

sleep confused

Here I go, writing about Kayla and sleep issues again. Why is it that sleep is probably the single most confusing thing about babies for first time moms (and maybe even some experienced moms)?

Just when I think we've gotten to a good point (waking to eat only once per night), for the past two nights my babe has been waking up at 4am (not hungry or wet) and staying awake! I've tried everything - rocking her, re-swaddling her, changing her, nursing her, trying to sleep with her, but I can't figure out what's going on. She simply refuses to go back to sleep although I know she's still tired. Eventually she settles back down after an hour and half, probably from exhaustion from all the fussing, but by then, I'm wide awake and can't fall back asleep myself for another hour or so!

I'm hoping this craziness is some sort of evil phase and like everything else, too will fade.

No comments: