Sunday, August 12, 2007

friends and babes

I love my friends. I love my friends' babes. So when we all get together, it's happiness.


Yesterday, we strolled through downtown Oakville during the Oakville Jazz Festival and lined up our babes for quick photo. They look like they're ready for a stroller race!

Hubby and I are really fortunate to have a great group of people that are enjoying the stages of life together. We all got married around the same time. It was two summers of back-to-back weekends filled with weddings! Now we all have little ones within about a year of each other.

As a new mama, it's very comforting to know other people going through the same trials and joys as you. There's always someone to ask: "When did your child start doing this?" or "How long did it take her to do that?" And as a child myself, I didn't have a group of kids that I hung around with that I didn't actually go to school with, so I wonder how my relationships with my friends will affect K's relationships with their babes as she grows up. All of us hope that they'll continue to be good playmates.

It will be great watching them all grow up together; seeing what personalities they develop, who they will take after. I can picture all of us sitting on our deck one summer 20 years from now, still talking about our kids. Oh... the joys of good friends and babes.

Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods. - Aristotle

No comments: