Tuesday, August 21, 2007

just the two of us

I recently read on Baby Centre that at this stage, my babe can't distinguish between herself and myself. To her we're one. Isn't that the sweetest thing? Over the coming weeks, months, years her own identity will begin to form and her individuality will start to shine through.

I can wait on the independence part, though. It seems she's growing so fast! Already she's 7 months (my mat leave is more than half over)! Especially in these past few weeks, she seems to be learning something new almost every day.

She's almost crawling now, too. She can pull herself along the floor with her arms and push herself forward with her toes. And when that doesn't work, there's always rolling. It's all very cute! Every time I put her in a sitting position, moments later she's on her belly and moving all around. As she becomes more independent and more mobile these days, I find myself thinking about the need to baby proof the house. Her favourite past-time when I'm not looking... playing with the air vent gates! Not good! I wonder what's next...

No comments: