Wednesday, August 29, 2007

routines

Recently, someone asked me what I do during the day, and I had to think about that. What was my daily routine, anyways?

Well, although each day usually brings something new - a new development, laugh, memory or idea, there usually is a little routine built in. But overall, it sort of goes something like this:

  • 6:30-7:30 am - wake up, walk the dog, play with daddy as he gets ready for work

  • 8:30 - breakfast (Kayla)

  • 9:00 - lots of playing in the family room

  • 9:30 - nap (hopefully!), breakfast (mama), morning Internet addictions (email, blogs, Facebook)

  • 11:00 - morning outing (groceries, errands, neighbourhood walk, early years centre)

  • 12:30 - lunch (Kayla)

  • 1:30 - nap (hopefully), lunch (mama), afternoon chores, dinner prep, Internet addictions

  • 3:00 - afternoon relax and play

  • 4:00 - nap (sometimes not always)

  • 5:00 - afternonn walk with the dog, dinner prep (again! honestly preparing dinner now is in stages)

  • 6:00 - dinner (Kayla), daddy comes home and play

  • 7:00 - bath, PJs, storytime

  • 7:30 - bedtime (Kayla) - hopefully!
After that it's dinner for hubby and I, and free time to ourselves!

Wow, now that I see this written down, it seems pretty routine and quite scheduled. Well, don't get me wrong, this is just a general idea of what my day is like. There are days when nothing seems to go right.

My favorite time, however, is in the afternoon. It's kind of a quite time for Baby K and I.

Some days we spend it in our upstairs hallway landing... playing, knitting, but overall, just hanging out. It's one of the best times, I think, where all three of us (Kayla, Kobe and I) can just be ourselves.


: : Oh... and sometimes the best toys are the cheapest toys!

No comments: