Thursday, August 09, 2007

sing-a-long

Today I discovered that my babe likes to sing. It's the funniest thing. When we're home alone (because no one wants to hear me sing, trust me) I'm usually singing to her - songs we learned at Mother Goose, silly songs I've made up, and sometimes even Christmas carols (yes, even in the summer! They're usually the only songs I know the entire words for). Well, today, she sang along with me! Every time I sang, she would also babble - blah, blah, blah. She would stop when I stopped. This went on for a good 15-20 minutes. It amused me to no end! Maybe it's a sign that she has a music career ahead of her, or maybe she's just a closet singer like her mama!

On another note, the other day Baby K and I had a lunch and play date with Sugar Mama and her babe Sara. It's fascinating to see what Sara is doing now, who's 3 months younger than K, and marvel at how babies grow and develop. I remember when K was doing the same things at that age - napping inconsistently, putting everything in her mouth, which K still does, and gnawing on fingers - just watch C, eventually this turns into toes!

From singing to chewing... gotta love 'em!

No comments: