Saturday, September 22, 2007

little indulgences

It's been a long while (about 7 months) since I've indulged in something creamy and sweet. But this week, I've had a few small pleasures. Following our meeting with Kayla's allergist last week, I've been testing her dairy tolerance. First I've been consuming small amounts of cheese, milk and cream products again! Boy, I've missed pasta with cheese and creamy desserts! I have to say, it's been a bit of a struggle to control myself and not go overboard - eating everything I've been missing that I see!

We've also been giving her minimal amounts of formula diluted with expressed breast milk in her bottle each day this week. It appears, at least for the moment, that her tolerance to dairy has subsided. I haven't noticed any major reactions so far. So, I'm hopeful.

And I'm happy to announce that Baby K is finally *almost* sleeping through the night! She takes a last feed anywhere between 11:30 and 12:30 am and after that, it's all quiet until morning! I'm hoping by next month even the 11:30 nursing will get phased out. Yippee! This has been a long time coming as well!

So now I have sleep and sweets... what else could a new mama ask for?!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yay! That's so great! Isn't it weird to be able to eat those things again? I felt like I was doing something bad when I first started. hehe