Saturday, September 29, 2007

weaning - there's a part three!!

We've had a setback in our weaning plans. A couple of days ago, Baby K woke up one morning and decided she's had enough of the bottle and doesn't want to drink from it anymore. All of a sudden (again, no warning) our once-a-day bottle feeding has been abruptly halted. I'm completely baffled. Even hubby can't get her back on track this time.

Today has been one of the most stressful days since she was born - stressful for both her and for me! We've been trying all day today to get her to take the bottle again, but in the end, she won. After over 12 hours of fighting with her, we finally gave in and I gave her the boob at 7 pm right before we started her bedtime routine.

Even now, I'm still wondering what happened. How did it happen? I can understand how a few months could pass and she would forget how to drink from a bottle, but not even a day! How is that possible!? Just when I was getting comfortable with the whole bottle-thing, Baby K decides to throw me another curve ball! "Hey Mama, let's see you try and hit this one."

Now, I'm usually not the type of person to worry easily, but this time, I'm a little stressed, to say the least. I think I'm in for the long haul on this one. From speaking with another mama tonight who went through the same thing, taking 2 1/2 months to wean her own son, it sounds like it's going to be a bumpy ride. Wish me luck... and send ANY advice, tips, encouragement my way! I think I'm going to need it.

No comments: