Monday, November 12, 2007

weaning... the finale

At 10 months old, Baby K is successfully weaned. Her last nursing was yesterday morning. Now that it's over, I find myself missing it - missing the connection, the closeness, and the quiet time together. With Baby K so active, there's never a moment when she'll just sit still while I hold her, expect when she was nursing. Now that's gone, too.

It's funny to think how much I had wanted to wean her 2 months ago and now that it's finally happened, I'm a little sad that it's gone. It's just another reminder that my baby girl is growing up so fast.

These days, playtime is so much fun. She's constantly chattering now - smiling and laughing at her own antics. She likes to chase Kobe around the house, although I can't say Kobe is enjoying this development much. And for some strange reason, shredding tissues provides her with endless enjoyment!

On another note, thanks to everyone who came out these past 2 weeks to support and visit me at the shows. I had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and met so many creative and talented people. Thanks to K for helping out this weekend and to E for bringing us food! We were the envy of my booth neighbours with our St. Lawrence market sandwiches.

It was great hearing all the positive feedback about my items. It makes all the hard work leading up to the shows worthwhile. Thanks all!

1 comment:

sugar mama said...

Aww... a bittersweet congratulations. I'm also 'weaning' Sara from her 9:30pm bottle, which she takes pretty much in her sleep. It's so hard to let go of the cuddles even though you know it's time! Glad your second show went well.