Tuesday, March 18, 2008

braving the sun

Hubby and I have decided to take the big step... the big, scary step of taking a toddler on a plane for more than 3 hours; the even bigger, scarier step of taking her out to a foreign country; and the even more frightening step of introducing her to the ocean. (For those that have followed my blog early on, you'll understand...)

Today, we booked a much anticipated and needed vacation to the Dominican Republic - leaving in a month, and I'm super nervous about it. This is waaaaay bigger than our trip to Boston when she was 7 months. Now that Baby K is so active, we thought it would be fun to introduce her to the sun, but my head spins just thinking about all the things I'll need now.

Plus I'm worried. Worried about her allergies. Will they have food there that she can eat (they must have rice at least in DR, right?) Having a child with food allergies is exhausting. I always have food with me; I always watch what she puts in her mouth; I always worry.

Will they have milk? Should I bring formula as a back up? Will she even drink it now? Will she like the crib they give us? But most importantly, will she have fun? Her enjoyment really is our enjoyment now.

Funny how these things change, huh?

1 comment:

Rebecca :-) said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org or go to www.milestonesresearch.org and click on "Baby Sleep." Best wishes, Rebecca