Thursday, March 13, 2008

early mornings

Have I talked about curve balls and babies, yet? I must have meantioned it once or twice before because every time I think that we're moving happily forward, it somehow changes and comes sneaking back again. What am I talking about? I'm talking about sleep.... yes, sleep and babies. It always comes back to that, doesn't it mommies?

The past couple of nights, Baby K has been waking up early (3 or 4 am early), standing in her crib and screaming. Oh, I mean screaming, like at the top of her lungs, like she's seriously injured or something. And it's hard to calm her down. Last night she cried for about 20 minutes at 4 am in the morning (ugh - on a work night) while I was holding her trying to figure out what was wrong. Nothing worked - until I took her downstairs that is. Amazing, as soon as I started to descend the stairs she stopped crying and started talking to me. I couldn't believe it. And all I kept thinking was: "Please stop talking; how are we going to go back to bed if you're talking?"

So I grabbed her some milk and luckily afterwards she promptly put her head back on my shoulder and acted like she was sleepy. She was, and within about 10 minutes she was asleep again, leaving me tired and perplexed.

Now I wonder what's going to happen tonight. More of the same? I hope not! I'm starting to fear a pattern developing, but I'm trying to ignore it. Humm.... writing what I'm thinking is not helping because it only gets me thinking more. Is it the recent time change? Is she sick? (she's doesn't appear to be sick - she's fine in the mornings)? Maybe she's getting her molars? She has never had teeth pain before, so I'm not sure what that's like. Humm.... better stop thinking and start going to bed; she could be up in another 4 hours!

Good night! Hope you're all sleeping well tonight - someone should, even if it's not me!

No comments: