Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mama's day

Receiving a Mother's Day card is such a treat. I know it might sound silly to some, but to me, it's one of the special moments of this day. And although hubby picked out the card this time I can imagine that one day he will take K to the store to pick out her own card (or better yet show her how to make one for me) and sign it and fill it with her own words. That's what I think about about on Mother's Day and it makes me smile (and shed a little tear too, I must admit).

Although Mother's Day is really meant to celebrate the role mamas play, our day was spent making our little girl happy, which in turn made me the happiest. So after a nice treat for myself - sleeping in until 9:30 am and waking up to pancakes (yum!) hubby and I took K to an indoor amusement park for the afternoon.

It was great fun! K's fave was the merry-go-round. She loved it so much that she would cry when we tried to get off so we just ended up staying on, over and over again!



Everyone tells me that this age is the best, and after a day like this, I really feel that is so true. K is so into exploring her environment right now that everything (big or small) fascinates her, and to be a parent watching all of this really makes me appreciate and enjoy something like going on the same rides over and over again. And it wasn't boring at all. Instead it was so amazing because she was having such a good time.

And of course, she was so exhausted from all the fun that she promptly fell asleep on the way home. What a good girl!


We hope all the mama's out there had as happy of a day as we did! Happy Mama's Day!

No comments: